Thread: Tour Britannia
View Single Post
Old 10 Jul 2009, 06:04 (Ref:2498790)   #22
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We are doing Gsteed Rally on closed roads in Switzerland with a 105 Talbot and 904 Porsche followed by T B two days later with 356 2 litr 4 cam Carrera Porsche and RSL 911.
I have given up open road Rallies especially in the Alps .Have done a five day tour in Switzerland/France/Italy for 75th Anniversary of Talbots Alpine Trial win this year covering all main passes, having done them previously in Rallies such as Liege Rome,Rally des Alps etc.It's only now I realise how stupid it is and the danger to the ordinary daily road user who you get stuck behind in timed sections .Not that many rally people agree but I think they lack imagination.The Stelvio on a timed run may be hair raising but it is not very clever for bikes,runners,tourist cars when you are pressing on for a timed stage.I have done it in all directions in both dark and light,On reflection it was stupid.(but we were quick)