View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2012, 19:38 (Ref:3062788)   #489
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
My version of your quote...

As a Porsche fan, and F1 fan, I sincerely hope is Audi that gets the honor of going to F1.

I love both F1 and sports car racing. I even probably watch more F1 of the two. But as much as I like F1, I wouldn't wish the meat-grinder that is F1 upon my worst enemy. I don't care who or how big you are, if you jump into F1, I think it can take at least a decade of constant effort to achieve real results (perform at the top). Maybe being an engine supplier might be OK, but even then, that is tough.

Mercedes basically bought the well established Brawn (aka Honda) team. So not to discount their own hard work, they are reaping the benefit (time and money) that was put into that team by Honda for many years. The could buy someone like Force India, etc. but even then it would be many years to dig out of mid-pack.

Richard
let's not let F1 dominate this thread.

But on a quick note. BMW bought Sauber and in a few years was scratching Ferrari and Mclaren. It can be done - with the right team.