View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2012, 13:12 (Ref:3063136)   #495
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I like F1 because the races are a lot more frequent than the waits i have to go through flollowing WEC/ALMS but I would prefer that WEC suceeded over F1 not that that would ever be allowed to happen.
Not that would ever happen anyway.

Quote:
F1 cars a great spectacle. But WEC seems cheaper and an easier place to use cost capping which would allow more manufactureres who are on the fringe like
Jag, Nissan, Honda!!, GM,Renault! the list goes on.
My mouth is watering and i've already had dinner..
Add 10 more races and much more increased competition (it's not the seconds that cost, but the tenths) and then try calling a series cheap that costs as much as F1 with fraction of the media coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I remember in the mid '80s, when it was the World Endurance Championship, which became the Worlds Sports Prototype Championship, seasons having 10 to 11 races and the wait didn't seem so long between them.
Initially only the name changed for 1986, because manufactures thought the E word was misleading. If Ratel's series didn't exist now, I think they would have taken another name now too.