Thread: modsports
View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2008, 08:08 (Ref:2172935)   #69
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What you're targeting is something like a recreation of what was raced 30-40 years ago. I raced modsports over 20 years ago and what was going through my mind at the time was ways I could make the thing develop more power and handle... within the confines of the regs. If I could have dropped a BDA motor into the Midget [and I had the money]... I would have done it in a heartbeat. I suspect, 20 years before me, the guys who were developing cars like yours would have done the same. They were limited by a set of fairly loose rules and their imagination.

I think it would be awesome to see a grid full of big banger V8s, turbos and MX5s screaming to 12K or more, more fun to be involved in creating them and most fun of all to be driving them.