View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2014, 06:29 (Ref:3365152)   #6
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, only one full time team for TSM?

Quote:
Scott discusses team status: It's been a tumultuous week at Turner Scott Motorsports, with the signing of talented youngster Dylan Kwasniewski to a full-time Nationwide Series contract, and the loss of a full-time sponsor expected to back sophomore driver Jeb Burton in the Camping World Truck Series.
TSM co-owner Harry Scott, Jr. confirmed that Tayler Malsam could fill a Truck Series seat with the team this season, saying, "We've had discussions with Tayler. We don't have anything final yet, but I have pretty good confidence that we'll get something done with him to do a number of Truck races in a second truck."
He also revealed that talks are underway with former Camping World Truck Series champion Ron Hornaday, Jr., to put Hornaday in a TSM entry this season, perhaps splitting time with youngster Brandon Jones. He said he has also spoken with former series champion Todd Bodine, who drove for the team at New Hampshire Motor Speedway last fall.
"To be honest, we've gone down a list of all our former drivers - and some of our K&N drivers - who might be interested in doing some truck racing, to fill out a second truck, full-time," he said. "Just like there's nothing off the table for Jeb Burton, there's nothing off the table for that second truck, either."(Godfather Motorsports)(2-6-2014)
Right after that article, this surfaced:

Quote:
Burton joins ThorSport: Jeb Burton, one of the most promising young drivers on the NASCAR horizon, has signed with ThorSport Racing to open the 2014 Camping World Truck Series and ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards seasons. Burton, 21, the son of 2002 Daytona 500 winner Ward Burton and the fifth-place finisher in the 2013 Truck Series championship, will race ThorSport's #13 Toyotas in two events a week apart during Speedweeks 2014, Feb. 13-23, at Daytona International Speedway.The balance of Burton's 2014 program will be determined, in part by gaining additional sponsorship."The opportunity to come to ThorSport is a big deal for me, my career and my family," said Burton, who joins an organization that won 2013 championships in both NASCAR and ARCA. "It's an honor to me that Duke and Rhonda Thorson would make the call to put me in their vehicles - the best there is in both series. "Mr. Thorson has proven his commitment to the Truck Series -- he's a racer, that's what it's all about and it feels good to be here. I feel like it's a place where I can race, and win for many years." Burton joins a driver lineup that includes 2013 Truck Series champion Matt Crafton and Johnny Sauter, who finished fourth in the championship, one point ahead of Burton. Burton's first race with ThorSport, the Saturday, Feb. 15 Lucas Oil 200 presented by MAVTV American Real, will be driving a Toyota Camry for the team that won the 2013 ARCA drivers' and owners' championships and was a large part of Toyota winning last season's ARCA manufacturers' title, its first in that series. The following week, Burton will jump into the #13 Carolina Nut Co. Toyota Tundra that pushed Sauter to the win and Crafton to ninth place before it finished 11th driven by Todd Bodine in the 2013 NextEra Energy Resources 250, which is scheduled on Friday, Feb. 21.(ThorSport Racing)(2-6-2014)