Thread: IMSA Race 2017 - Rolex Daytona 24
View Single Post
Old 19 Jan 2017, 09:12 (Ref:3703528)   #8
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting ... Every team seems to have a slug.

Seems Jeff Gordon is far and away the weakest link at WTR, and Marc Goosens at VisitFL. I’d have expected Tom Kimber-Smith to be faster. Spencer Pigot is the slow man at Mazda #55.

The #5 Mustang (ne AXR) Cadillac has a strong lineup, and Dragonspeed also. Whelen has a slow driver in Seb Morris but the rest are pretty even.

Nick Heidfeld, the slowest Rebellion driver, is quicker than all the other slow drivers and as quick as some second-tier drivers.

I sort of expect the Cadillacs to run for 24 hours ... bit American V8s, not particularly highly stressed. if the Gibson engine can run hard for 24 hours, Rebellion and Dragonspeed should have the edge. if the Gibsons stumble, it will be a typical DP-team podium.

I see ESM isn’t represented. I don’t know how well that program has sorted itself out—they were the slowest two prototypes at the Roar, but not by much.

You guys always provide interesting data. Thank you.