View Single Post
Old 27 Jul 2012, 17:47 (Ref:3112262)   #1
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Re-introduction of multi-class GT structure in ACO-style racing?

Basically, there has been some discussion about this and other things over at the GTE Speculation thread, as well as over at RLM forum. Here's my original message from that other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana
I've been suggesting on the RLM forum that the lack of GT1 is actually hurting GTE pretty badly, as every car needs to be fitted into one category and therefore more performance balancing is needed (or not needed but you know what I mean) to keep everybody happy and fit everybodys needs. Now you have just one class to put your car into if you wanna enter the biggest sportscar race in the world

We need a class for higher performance models with higher displacement, and one for slightly slower. Not this stupid Pro/Am crap we have now but let professional teams and makes race in the category their car fits the best, like in the past.

I seriously think this is one of the (many) issues why the class has slowly begun to go downhill
What do you think, should we just stay at where we are or re-introduce LMGT1? Not necessarily to resurrect the old format, but in some shape of form?

Note: this thread isn't about bringing GT3 to ACO style racing, that wouldn't help the situation at all...
Note II: GTE-PRO and GTE-AM doesn't count as multi-class

Last edited by Deleted; 27 Jul 2012 at 18:08.