Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2017, 17:34 (Ref:3752203)   #68
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
That was already addressed previous page (but I understand if you don't want to read all my nonsense )

Denmark seen a dramatic drop in sales when the incentives ended. But, after that drop, they still rose despite no incentives. 2016 Q1 -> 2016 Q4 seen a 450% rise in sales, despite the car now being significantly more expensive. Whilst the sales figures are no where near what they were, they are still trending upwards.

In other words, people will buy electric cars with or without subsidies and it's growing despite the sudden jump in cost. As they get cheaper, it'll rise faster.

It's simple economics too. Most people aren't petrol heads and don't care what powers their car. If you tell them that one car is significantly cheaper to run than the other, they'll buy the cheaper one.
I posted before I got the the end of the thread on the basis of - well, why not.

Interesting to think that a Tesla is a cheaper option.

You should swap your Fiesta. There were, a few days ago, 199 used Teslas offered on the Tesla web site. Must be one there that could stack up on the number front.

It will be interesting to see what the governments do about lost revenues from tax and duties. The changes made in the recent budget looked like no more than a "Get set" for a raft of adjustments to come.

One things that puzzles me about Teslas is that when I have seen any on the motorway they are never travelling at speed. Usually if cruising they are sitting in the middle lane nose to tail with everyone else.

Maybe I only see cars being delivered or moved around for service or demos?

Or is it that, being tracked as they are, any rapid progress will be recorded and might be used in evidence against the driver?

Or perhaps it's a range thing?

Whatever, the puzzle is that they presumably appeal to some avid pertrolheads on a few counts, one being, presumably, the potential performance to play with. Must understand the need of Alpha people to have biggest/fasted/latest/most desirable things at their disposal and markets accordingly.

Far more logical would to tune for economy over speed - especially in the USA. That is if one was really serious about the ecological message.

I guess it's a bit difficult to do that and set up as a rocket launcher.