View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2007, 11:15 (Ref:1976286)   #71
ian beckett
Racer

ian beckett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For Grelley: Your second car is a little more problematic!! The Bervid Motorsport team was from Czeckoslovakia (now the Czeck Republic) not Hungary.They ran a car for Vaclav Bervid himself while at the same time Josef Venc (also Czeck) ran a second team which I have always thought were completely separate.The starting date you give for this car is incorrect as there was no Brno DTM race in '90 and the first record of either Bervid or Venc racing an M3 did not occur until Bervid drove a newly built Group A car at Spa'91,#3,9th,in Bastos trim.He also ran a car(I do not think it was this one) in the '91 Czeck series,he was champion. I do not think either of these teams cars were originally self built but were in fact bought from other teams and then prepared by them.Venc did not start racing an M3 until '92. There is also possible confusion in that a third Czeck based team had started running M3's earlier.That was the Vanicek team and they tended to lease cars on a race by race basis to whoever came up with the cash! If you can tell me anything more about this car,perhaps where you got it from or any paint details I should be able to give you more info'. Ian.