View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2009, 04:54 (Ref:2519293)   #4
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
I'd like to kickoff all the crying over it being 2.75 hours instead of four.

The loss of the Generac sponsorship? Could that have something to do with the change in format? Or is it simply tough economic times?

Apparently Road America is not too pleased with the ALMS at the moment because it is not what it was in 2007 and 2008 competition-wise. With no ChampCar and an "ailing" ALMS they seem more content in pushing their historic races - could this be why the race is shorter?

Regardless, I will be tuned in all weekend and I will certainly enjoy every minute.

Chris
Road America EXPECTS a return-on-investment, that is why they kicked CC out and only let them back in on a probationary status.
The IMSA show has become stagnant at best, and many of the fans who will show for vintage races, and pay, find nothing worth their bucks in the IMSA right now.
With a tiny field on the large Road America circuit a shorter race will look better.
In the past, if they had a forty some car field, it did not matter that beyond the first four, ninety nine percent of the rest stood a snowballs chance in hell of winning, more was better for everyone.