View Single Post
Old 21 Dec 2011, 17:44 (Ref:3002814)   #1237
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Ok, but how is the "ACO link" (at least the official one) beneficial to the ALMS? The ALMS could always pick and choose what they want to allow and what they don't. If they want to accept ACO-like cars without a formal agreement, fine as far as I can tell. I'm not sure if that's what the ALMS should do in totality if they kicked the ACO to the curb, but whatever.
Before arguing for change you need to ask if this will address the series problems, or if they are unrelated to the ACO link, the strong ALMS brand (certainly amongst motorsport fans) shouldn't be ditched without thought, I'm familiar with IMSA Camel GT(P), but I must admit I don't even know what the series prior to the ALMS was called.

The ALMS has freedom to allow any LMP built in the last however many years, the biggest issue has not been the ACO blocking a specific car, it's been supply issues or lack of support for cars like the RS Spyder and Lola Aston.

When it comes to modifying cars you have to ask why would you deviate from a manufactuers spec, would it be quicker and/or cheaper, and who would pay? Given the ALMS looks like it will be allowed to homologate some GT3's, what other cars would the ALMS bring in if it divorced from the ACO, DP's and tube-frame GT's?

Last edited by JAG; 21 Dec 2011 at 17:49.