Thread: C7 Corvette
View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2014, 03:07 (Ref:3427003)   #32
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Of the top of my head, I'd spring for a new or used Nissan GTR. Never thought I'd say that, but I have enough laps with it that I could drive that car every day, all day, on track or the road and never tire of it.
I had you pegged for a Porsche man. Well as you can tell, I'm pretty defensive about the Plastic Fantastic and have always loved them. When you say it feels like a Corvette, that's honestly good news to me.

The heart leads you in weird places sometimes. I bought a Dodge. With my own money. Never thought I'd say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloTeK View Post
I think that's why more and more Europeans love the Corvette (including myself). Whilst over here supercars like the R8 - my favourite European supercar - are technically perfect, people sometimes want something that is a little bit silly. Over here a LHD car made of composite, with an engine the same size as a lorry and the power of a small planet is a terrible idea but it's fun.

Over here you buy a Corvette because you want one, not because it's the best dynamically, or the most practical. Also, you may have been let out of your straitjacket long enough to hold a pen.
That's good to hear and I'm glad that it "translates" to some people overseas. I know parts of American cars can come off as overly flashy, but it's intended to be fun. Like the snakeskin pattern in the Viper's tailights. There's no reason to do that, but it's cool. Then again, there no real reason to own a Viper.