View Single Post
Old 3 Mar 2017, 13:19 (Ref:3716106)   #2444
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Howard has a proven record for causing incidents, so much so that by the time they reached Silverstone last year, he had three reprimands, a one race ban (suspended) and a two penalty points.
Whereas Simpson has sustained damage during mid-pack battles, and a (currently) unexplained off during testing.

The criticism of Mark Howard is based on an official record of discretion, as opposed to speculation based on images that have no context.
Which is precisely my point. Simpson seemed to be in the thick of things last year and always appeared to be carrying some damage. Whether that's as a result of people hitting him or him hitting other people, the fact is he had more than his fair share of damage to repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicross424 View Post
After the final race at Rockingham i took the chance to walk round the paddock and look at the cars.
I can assure you most of the cars had bits hanging off them!
I'm not saying Simpson's alone in the damage camp, but for someone who's now been taken under the wing of one of the top teams on the grid I personally feel that he needs to step things up a notch and perhaps look after his car a little more.

Again it was simply an observation, I keep forgetting that unless you're a Twitter fanboi of every driver on the grid (whilst at the same time hating Matt and Steve Neal) singing Glory Glory Jason Plato etc etc then don't expect anyone to share your centiment or let you voice an opinion!