View Single Post
Old 10 Mar 2019, 11:20 (Ref:3889432)   #291
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Japanese offer futurism, You would have to be drinking or smoking something to believe that.
Or I could just look at the actual car?

James May says:
Quote:
I was expecting a 60's towerblock. But Honda have given us the Guggenheim. Look at this Honda badge in a perspex trophy cabinet, it's very Flash Gordon. The backend also looks like it's come from outerspace, and the door handles look like the rockets that will take you there. This Civic does something a Golf, Astra or Focus can't do. Let me put it this way: the space shuttle only does a job and it's white, but you'd never call it a whitegood.
- Review of 2006 Honda Civic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1nCp8yjsyY

I like the styling of the 2015 Civic Type R a lot too, it's based on a facelifted version of the 2006 Civic. I think it looks better than the 2018 model Civic Type R (which is still futuristic, but in a more subtle way than previous versions).

Civic, Insight, Clarity, the long forgotten CR-Z (both the CR-Z and Insight being hybrid cars with manual transmission, which was very unusual for the time and still is) -- all kinds of futuristic styled Honda cars. Not to mention Toyota's CH-R and Prius, and Nissan's famous Juke.

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 10 Mar 2019 at 11:33.