View Single Post
Old 12 Mar 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3889869)   #296
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Or I could just look at the actual car?

James May says:

- Review of 2006 Honda Civic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1nCp8yjsyY

I like the styling of the 2015 Civic Type R a lot too, it's based on a facelifted version of the 2006 Civic. I think it looks better than the 2018 model Civic Type R (which is still futuristic, but in a more subtle way than previous versions).

Civic, Insight, Clarity, the long forgotten CR-Z (both the CR-Z and Insight being hybrid cars with manual transmission, which was very unusual for the time and still is) -- all kinds of futuristic styled Honda cars. Not to mention Toyota's CH-R and Prius, and Nissan's famous Juke.
One manufacturer produces funny looking cars, that is futurism? and some of those are how old? and James May is an expert on this subject? Mazda have done a way better job than Honda in styling. To me the futurism is not styling but the technology within so we are talking of two different things. Honda were the leaders in this sense when the original Accord was released, I had one as a drive car and it was streets ahead of any affordable car and daylight was second. Sadly the Japanese stagnated and became white goods manufacturers and any cars that were interesting did not get exported bar a few such as Toyota's Supra or Nissan's 240 etc.