View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2012, 12:01 (Ref:3095913)   #2292
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pitpass article does raise an interesting point that (unless I've missed it) Sky have kept quiet with regards to viewing figures. Maybe they'll do so at the end of the season, but you'd think that if they were getting the subscriber (and by association revenue) base they'd anticipated they'd have said something by now. I can't though see them connecting the F1 and main sports channels in the immediate future, as Setanta showed when they acquired NASN what happens when you force people to subscribe to channels they have no intention of watching (they never said how many subscribers they lost but it I gather it was well into four figures)

As far as pricing goes, the trick with Sky is never be afraid to use the 'thinking of cancelling your subscription' line. My brother has had Sky in one form or another for several years and I don't think he's ever yet paid the published price for whatever package he's had!