View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3295871)   #46
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
Well of course they're not. The BTCC has no international credibility any more, not like it used to in the Super Touring era anyway.

And on the basis some of them can't even be bothered to turn up to Knockhill, what makes you think they'd make the trek abroad?

Bit of a ridiculous suggestion, if I'm brutally honest. The calendar will be pretty much identical to how it always is.

Are you being serious? Please tell me that's a joke...
Are you being serious. Please tell me this is a joke! The top drivers in this series have every right to be described as some of the best in the world. Look how Turkington did in the WTCC. James Nash learnt in the BTCC and is now a WTCC winner. Tom Chilton is doing ok. What about your Mullers and Menus and Tarquinis. Where did they come from?
Not every driver in the series is but neither is every driver in the World Series.
Moving on I am surprised that more isn't being made of the Megane story. It is clearly a very series operation with a very large backer behind it. One car is in build and could run before the end of the year. A mock-up will appear at Rockingham. My question is... Who is behind it?