View Single Post
Old 17 May 2007, 12:54 (Ref:1915330)   #10
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[mod]Tone it down, Anthony.[/mod]

This is a good deal for ALMS not so much because of the broadcast (although that's part of it, certainly it'll be a good reach for existing racing fans who are XM subscribers, who are currently getting lots of IRL and NASCAR content but nothing else) but because it'll provide XM with the impetus to broadcast the rest of the season and next season as well. Currently the series has a few broadcasts (network) a few cablecasts (I can't characterize Speed as "broad") and the radio webcasts. web =/= broad.

It also provides an opportunity to leverage Honda and XM's involvement to result in further advertising of the series, in print and other media.

Of course all the forum members would already know of the webcast at 0157.org, but your post seemed to suggest that you weren't - since you were suggesting that people listen to the race via XM's website.

BTW, I've not had Radio Le Mans time out since Le Mans '05, you might want to check into your internet connection.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James