View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 2017, 10:14 (Ref:3759292)   #2516
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
We went to Kos about 35 years ago, at the time, not sure about now, it was a military airbase with just one small building. When we flew back home the departure lounge was a kind of open cattle pen outside the check in building. Also, there was no fuel available and we had to land at Viena on the way back for a top up, the pilot even had to pay with his credit card.
Several airports around the world are military especially Greece and some that I know of in Spain.
Murcia airport is the one that you think that you are landing on the sea as the runway starts virtually on the beach !
The one that I normally use at Almeria is not military and when we first went there in the early70s you just got off the plane and picked your luggage off of the tarmac ! so easy no queues and no hassle. However there was only one flight a week on a Thursday and the flight back then was £150 so we should count ourselves lucky on todays prices
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !