View Single Post
Old 4 May 2012, 17:58 (Ref:3069430)   #8
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorritVD View Post
Which team's website do you think is good? And why do you think that website is good?
I very rarely visit teams websites, so I can't tell. What I like is a nice-looking website with video and picture galleries, a full history of the team, biographies of the drivers, and the news about the current activities of the teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorritVD View Post
Which team's YouTube movies do you like? And why do you like those movies
First, I like serious videos. For example, Audi and Antti videoclips show the danger, passion, drama and glory of motorsport. IndyCar 36 videos are cool too, they interview drivers with style (the old 11 in 11 had great questions and answers but boring style).

I usually get bored by race highlights. No matter if it's 3 or 20 minutes long, you feel that the director is cutting interesting parts of the race, and that the tension that builds along the stints gets lost in the translation. I prefer videoclips, that is, videos where action (short takes of passes, crashes, pitstops, near misses, kerb climbing) is synchronized with music and real audio (engines, radio talk, announcers).

I love onboard cameras too, especially in difficult conditions (fog, rain, night, twisty mountain corners, heavy traffic). These must go with a single static camera (bumper or cockpit) without any music.

But I also enjoy funny videos. Ferrari did a ridiculous animation last year. American rallycross teams love to do them. See DC Shoes, Travis Pastrana and Hyundai Red Bull clips for that. In addition to jokes, they show cars running with lots of closeups, and I like that too.