View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2011, 20:29 (Ref:2903105)   #16
NJH
Racer

United Kingdom
Weymouth
NJH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Further to above something I have seen in the past few days is that my real car has far more grip in low speed corners (as in 1 gear higher in a couple of places on the Silverstone Arena GP). Something that I had already seen before is that the sim model cars in rFactor are also a bit to stable under braking meaning that I can brake later and harder than in real life as in real life I have to ease off a touch back from the corner to make sure the car is stable before turning in or if its a short stop just not brake full hard. My real car also has much better grip under power out of corners, I guess ultimately the instabilities in a real car are balanced back out by better grip such that the overall result is similar.

In terms of liveliness and feel of the track the closest thing I have sim driven to my 944 race car is the Skip Barber in iRacing but its a mid engined single seater so different handing. The closest handling car oddly enough is the late model NASCAR thing but with a circuit racing setup.