View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2017, 12:55 (Ref:3751156)   #5
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I watched the coverage of this on You Tube yesterday lunchtime and was amazed at what I saw. Happy smiling drivers & team members, all enjoying the show and seeing cars, plus lots of happy spectators, especially surprising considering the lack of publicity about the event (apparently & understandably for security reasons). It looked like a brilliant idea, and a very well organised show to promote F1 just prior to the British Grand Prix.
What has also surprised me is that although I'm not an avid follower of 'the news', I don't read a daily newspaper, or sit in front of my TV at 10 O'clock, but I've heard very little about this event, even Autosport haven't mentioned it on their website (and I presume it was too late to be put into the printed magazine this week, I still haven't taken mine out of its delivery packet), why is this?
BMRMC members had an email a month or so ago asking for volunteers as Greem said. Personally couldn't think of a more unpleasant combination - London & F1 cars, do didn't put my name down.