View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2008, 10:56 (Ref:2335247)   #17
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbert
As I say, I think that these heritage sites are potentially a good check and balance and if not in such forms, where do you start?
Here, of course. It's why we created this forum - as a research tool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenbrown
Am I getting cynical in my old age?
Yes ..... like the rest of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood
- my shovel has broken - too much use i fear!
Hmmm ..... you've broken several, I'd say! Drifty you have much to say which is useful; I just wish that you'd take a little more care over the way you present it! I guess you are used to me editing your posts by now, so that we can all understand them!

Seriously, I thought I'd post this to show that I am still watching and interested. I think that this forum has filled a gaping hole and will continue to enable info to be gathered in order to feed into sites like Allen's. Both he and Simon are right about these heritage sites. They need to ensure that what is being claimed for the histories of the cars that are registered with them is accurate, otherwise they will be providing a seal of approval to cars of dubious heritage and ultimately be tainted by that. Perhaps they should seek verification from my worthy and knowledgeable colleagues by posting on here!