View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2011, 18:17 (Ref:2960063)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Jody Scheckter you've obviously taken as read!

Desire Wilson?
Yes, well only because he made it!

Desire was pretty good actually, you're not plugging her book are you Clive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 2 Racing View Post
Graham Duxbury, the 1980 FF2000 Reynard SF80 did't help his career in UK.
Crikey, there's a name I hadn't thought of! Did he end up doing Group C or something?

For me White's possibly the biggest SA talent that got away, but why he couldn't have carried on after the March 81 problems I don't know. Were his drives works supported or something because he must have had financial troubles as people couldn't have thought he was the reason for the 81 failure surely? The car couldn't compete with the Ralt in the UK.

I think i remember that if March had complete control on the drivers for the BMW F2 programme they would've signed him for 1980 but they didn't have. Things might have turned out very differently for him.

Van der Linde was mega quick as well, but he might have been one of those natural talents that lack the application?