View Single Post
Old 26 Jun 2017, 13:13 (Ref:3746959)   #40
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
Absolutely zero checks getting into and out of Blue Nord and no checks at all getting into the circuit/ grandstand.
The only additions for us this year was a perimeter fence around the Blue Nord camping and a "security guard" (well he had the t-shirt on anyway!) wandering around the grandstand.
I had hoped there would have been more.
There's a LOT more, it just isn't visible. There's a lot of plain clothes officers at these events, they just normally don't stand out. But if you watch the Manchester fund raising gig, there's really not many uniformed officers visible, but there's some rather old gentleman standing with serious faces in, in a crowd of screaming children. They stood out a bit

There will have been people who looked exactly like fans milling about at campsite entrances that wouldn't stand out, stuff like that. I didn't understand the scale of these things until I started my current job, and there's a lot of ex police and military working here.