Thread: Sauber
View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2017, 12:42 (Ref:3721858)   #2
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I was slightly surprised during yesterday's coverage of the GP when Ben Edwards remarked on this being Sauber's 25th anniversary in F1 and DC remarked that it had been "25 years of mediocracy". Ignore for a moment that "mediocracy" isn't a word, it just struck me as rather harsh (unusually so for DC). It's true Sauber have only one race victory to their name, but the sport needs mid-grid teams and Sauber are now one of the longest-established teams in the sport. Was Coulthard being unfair?
Mediocracy - it is a word, but not in the context DC meant it (I think).
Unless he was passing a comment on the whole of F1? Or the Ferrari bonuses in recent years?