View Single Post
Old 3 May 2015, 05:17 (Ref:3533394)   #2526
flyingshoppingcart
Rookie

flyingshoppingcart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
From their Post-race Spa press release, its seems they've been caught completely off-guard by the VAG brothers pace.
Which is ridiculous when you think about it. Audi has a legendary reputation in endurance racing, and Porsche...well they have an absolutely mythical reputation and history in racing, specifically endurance racing.

After last year's season, did Toyota just expect Porsche and Audi to keel over?

Toyota SHOULD have known that Audi and Porsche would come back strong with a vengeance this year, and this is EXACTLY what has happened.

For Toyota to be surprised at the VAG brothers pace...well it makes Toyota look stupid. I have ZERO sympathy for Toyota here. This is entirely their fault for not making a radical enough change with this year's car. Whatever the reasons behind that are, budgetary or not, it doesn't matter. What matters is Toyota got complacent with this year's car relative to the VAG brothers.

From the press release, they don't sound optimistic at all about finding pace for Le Mans either. At this rate, the only way I see them of even having a chance at the podium at Le Mans is if Nissan decides to be generous, and uses their cars to perform kamikaze crashes into the Audi or Porsche LMP1s.

If I were Toyota, I would make a number of significant decisions and changes NOW.