View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2011, 22:45 (Ref:2898449)   #118
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Personally I believe that if the Oreca/Nissan hook-up is true Peugeot will swoop in for Loic Duval and if there is one guy making way you'd have to say it is Pedro. Maybe even a straight swap...
I wonder what excately the Oreca-Nissan connection is if the Nissan rumors are true. Are they just a supplier or will they operate the team? It would not surprise me if they continue to race the Peugeot (or at least a Peugeot diesel engine) if they are just a supplier for Nissan. Of course, if the Nissan thing is just a customer program, perhaps they could run both Nissan and Peugeot. Maybe Peugeot will go for 3 factory diesel hybrids next year and maybe Oreca will run a standard 908 HDi without the hybrid as a backup? Who knows. There are a lot of unanswered questions.

There was some speculation that Nissan or Toyota were funding the Dome LMP project. With TMG hooking up with Lola and Nissan supposedly hooking up with Oreca, can we assume that either the relationship does not exist now or that it never did exist?

EDIT: It would not surprise me if Nissan is working with Zytek in regard to their hybrid package. It does raise an interesting point though: can a petrol hybrid compete with a diesel or a diesel hybrid? I guess everyone will have an opinion about that based on the regs discussions we've had.