Thread: Driver One-hit wonders
View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2023, 21:36 (Ref:4180922)   #491
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
It is a sprint, not a Grand Prix. Oscar Piastri is not on the list until he has won a Grand Prix. I very much dislike the idea of considering his win to be on par with a Grand Prix win.
I agree that a sprint win should not be equal to a GP win. If we want to include the sprint winners into this list, then as being done above, I think it should exist at two lists in one thread.

Another minor point, IMHO, I think if you have won a GP, that is more important than any sprint win. So for example if/when Oscar wins a GP, he can be a "one hit wonder" for a GP and really should just be removed from the sprint "one hit wonder" list. In short, it make little sense to be on both lists at the same time (i.e. I would remove George from the sprint list above). If that makes sense.

Richard