View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2017, 01:10 (Ref:3728808)   #2
Damien_White
Rookie

Damien_White should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamien_White should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Dunlop Admits Tyre Construction Fault

:

Dozens of Parts & Materials warranty claims c/- Dunlop HQ?
If they can establish "a very good handle on what’s the cause of the failure" before they've even left the circuit on Sunday night, it doesn't say much for the factory engineers who, with time on their side, couldn't get it right through the design and construction phase!

The fact there's an admission they've got to talk to the factory, assess the "reams and reams" of team supplied info, look at data, better understand the heat generation and flex on a hot tyre all points to them having absolutely no idea the cause yet.

That they have to "nut our way through it and go from there", and and "we’ll nut it out and get to the bottom of it" does not instill confidence either; certainly not for this fan anyway. That kind of language to describe the process, in what appears to be a major problem, should cause alarm. A couple of mates working on their Holden HQ in the backyard might nut out a problem, but with such high stakes I would hope for more.

If I was in charge, I'd be instructing those with some influence to be less concerned about social media commentary and be more focused on ensuring that, come Bathurst, the drivers, the equipment and the event is not compromised ... at all... in the slightest way ... zero... zilch ... naddah