View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2017, 23:43 (Ref:3729011)   #12
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Interestingly, I recently spent about as much buying road tyres for my Honda Accord as a set of Supercar Dunlops costs.
That's not a like-for-like comparison.

A closer comparison would be that could buy a set of road-legal Nankang AR-1 80-treadwear R-Compound tyres for about the same price as the set you bought... They review very well for the price -- great for trackdays, super sprints and hillclimbs, but of course they would heat cycle out if used for highway use excessively (and dangerous in the rain due to little tread). China make some great tyres these days.

AR-1s are significantly cheaper than the Hankook Z221 R-compound that were the mandatory tyre in the Bathurst 6 hour.

I wouldn't mind seeing an emerging brand like Federal or Nankang as the Supercars tyre supplier (or even more established Korean brands like Kumho, Nexen etc... DTM use Hankook as their tyre supplier).

However, overall Dunlop seem to do a good job.