View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2017, 20:46 (Ref:3728036)   #124
ciscotex
Rookie

ciscotex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridciscotex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
It's an article written by an American with very little clue about F1. Sadly like a lot of Americans ... from over there, only one country exists, the one they work in.

What else would you expect in all honesty?
No offense intended, but, sadly, I find this comment to be as ignorant, arrogant, and parochial as the article to which it refers. A couple of folks painting with a rather broad brush here, methinks.

I get a kick out of hearing the tweets and comments from top level drag racers, Indycar racers, IMSA and Pirelli racers, and the good ole boys of NASCAR all commenting intelligently on the F1 race du jour. The reality, over here at least, is that a lot of drivers and gearheads are motorsports fans in general, and are far more interested in (and familiar with) with worldwide motorsport than most writers focused on their narrow sphere of interest.

Ok. I'm off my soapbox now and off to work the MotoGP race this weekend at COTA. Hope I didn't gore too many sacred cows.

Paul