View Single Post
Old 21 May 2017, 09:07 (Ref:3734856)   #469
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1975DCS View Post
Still can't see the problem as all the secret stuff like cams, compression ratio, mapping and ALS isn't visible anyway from the outside.
I don't agree with this. I think there is still a lot of technical flexibility within the regulations and you could potentially glean a lot of information from a photo. Engine inclination, turbo orientation, ALS configuration... there are a lot of variables outside the engine to be experimented with.

I would say VW have the biggest reason for secrecy as they have tried something really different with the Polo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1975DCS View Post
For me the cars have always been the star, all great driver names wouldn't be that great if they drove a stock hatch.
I fully agree with this though. It was the cars themselves that first brought me to rallycross and, although I really like the way some of the famous drivers handle their cars, I'd be just as happy seeing an unknown driver thrashing the cars. For that reason it's a damn shame that we can't learn more about them!