View Single Post
Old 22 Jul 2010, 23:07 (Ref:2730912)   #50
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
That's bad news, I absolutely support KERS in F1 if it comes with genuine innovation and on those terms would love to see it raced in F1 again but I can't see much point if it's going to be nothing but "me too" battery systems. If we were to see purely mechanical systems competing against batteries against super capacitors against compressed gas or hydraulic accumulators and who knows what else now that'd be interesting.

But if it's just down to batteries there are better and more interesting places to push the limits of battery technology http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10324258.

Your proposal would make the KERS contribution a genuine research project and a performance differentiator.
Severely impact on the motor home and estate budgets though and could actually force the teams to spend money on something other than aero -
all good!