View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 2011, 17:56 (Ref:2944750)   #760
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Poor (and modest!) Enrico; destined to win the last race of the meeting when most people were packing up to go home. Cracking race by the sounds of it with 4 drivers circulating close together, so just to show you are not forgotten and especially since no less than 3 of the top 4 were 10-Tenthers, here's how they finished:-

1) Enrico Spaggiari - Cooper T53 - 21.39.298
2) Rod Jolley - Cooper T45/51 - 21.40.016
3) Roger Wills - Cooper T51 - 21.40.540
4) Peter Horsman - Lotus 18/21 - 21.41.027

As you can see just over 1.7 secs covered the first 4. It seems that Roger was leading for much of the way but tagged a backmarker and spun before recovering to 3rd. Would be good to get driver accounts, guys.
Yes, sadly I caught a backmarker on the very last lap at Maggots / Becketts and we touched. I lost the lead and only finished on the podium due to the incredibly gentlemanly gesture of Peter Horsman who allowed me past to take 3rd. Thanks again Peter!

I feel terrible for the driver of the car I touched who unfortunately failed to finish. I hate contact and it was of course totally unintentional. One of those unfortunate incidents.

Another incredible race though and my two races in the Cooper at SC2011 are one of the highlights of the season for me so far!