Thread: WEC 2017 WEC Season
View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2016, 03:28 (Ref:3665857)   #12
Mosport Fan
Rookie

Canada
Sydney Australia, formerly Canada
Mosport Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have hoped the North American round would move to Montreal as well. side from the GP, they are permitted to host an extra race weekend there (just as they did for NASCAR). I think the location is quite good and it's a vibrant city for the fans.

I have visited COTA but not when there was racing on. It's an impressive facility but I can see why some international events struggle there (WEC and F1 from what you read, not sure about the bikes though).

Mosport and Mont Tremblant are in the same predicament as Road America with the facilities. To be honest, I can't see any of those venues changing their facilities to suit WEC or to cater to any other international event (basically, F1).

I'm being a bit biased, but I wish one of the rounds would move to Australasia. I think the only circuit at present in Australia that could do it would be Albert Park, but I think they'd need to run it around the same time as the F1 due to the setup- but for the same reason I don't think it would happen. Philip Island is a brilliant facility but miles away from enough hotels etc and just like Mosport et al above, would still need some work. I know the China and Japan rounds are out here, but I looked at the cost to go and attend, and it's quite high- and the Chinese round looked pretty scarse in terms of attendance. I know they're there to try and steer potential buyers, but I think it's missed the mark personally. Maybe Sepang or Thailand? Kind of central for out this way but I know it would be a hard sell for a 6 Hour race in what is probably viewed as a small and primitive market.

Hope Montreal gets a round. They did in 1990 and I'm sure they could do it again.