Thread: New F1 Logo
View Single Post
Old 27 Nov 2017, 11:22 (Ref:3783453)   #20
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i don't think anyone is suggesting anything like that...
Really? They did make quite a big deal about it on the podium at Abu Dahbi race and was the centerpiece for the 2018 introduction. So I can somewhat agree with the comment about “F1 is fixed”. I rolled my eyes during the podium video.

What I think has happened is they they have been caught up in the excitement of their own rebranding exercise. I have seen this from the inside. The marketing team spends hours obsessing over color palettes, logo designs and other choices. The importance becomes inflated due to the time spent designing and selecting. Also marketing teams only get the chance to rebrand infrequently so that also adds to the excitement. Then when you settle on the new content you want to share it immediately. Problem is... While I am sure the marketing folks are excited, at the end of the day it’s just a logo. IMHO they overplayed it’s importance by how they announced it on the podium.

As to the new logo itself? It’s fine.

Richard