View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 2017, 19:48 (Ref:3784131)   #36
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
reading your responses has made me realise i asked a bit of an archaic question and should have divided none into "none, i don't care about f1" or "none, i watch them when it's convenient for me as-live or in highlights format"

i suppose what i was wondering was how important having the race live was to a select bunch of enthusiasts, or whether it's more important to have the opportunity to watch it when it suits instead. sport is a bit different to normal telly, seeing it as it happens is more important.
I haven't voted in the poll, Bella, because I feel I watched around 15-20% live. That was not out of lack of interest, but in terms of the times being unsuitable for me to watch. By and large, those I watched were not in the middle of the day.

I like it to be available live, because nothing beats knowing it's happening now and it takes away the need to avoid social media or any news sources in the aftermath. Most importantly to me, I want to see the whole race; highlights frustrate me. Sometimes, if I'm watching a rerun on Channel 4, I notice they cut more out than at other times.