Old 26 Aug 2012, 01:05 (Ref:3124817)   #1
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Advise me...

..please.

So, I love racing games. Good start. I've always played console racing games. I think that's reasonable enough, in terms of budget and accessibility et cetera, and in terms of being quite young (at the beginning) and not having any deep urge to get all simmy (at least nothing simmier than Gran Turismo). But, this all comes from a long while ago.

I owe my love of the BTCC and touring car series to TOCA and TOCA 2 on the Playstation. Oh, how I wish that that series had continued properly. I'd love to see an up-to-date BTCC game. They could even have a 'whine about the boost level' button. But, I digress.

I have a PS2 and it is the most up-to-date console I own. For that reason, I have never experienced any kind of online multiplayer racing.

I want to.

So, what I am asking is this: can you recommend a game that will fulfil the following criteria?

It needs to be -

- Available on PC.
- Not super graphics/processor-intensive, as I'll be running it on a (shiny and new but still a) laptop.
- Fairly cheap.
- Relatively accurate, physics-wise, but
- Not a super in-depth sim-athon. I'll be playing with a pad to start with, no fancy wheels here.
- Obviously able to facilitate online mulitplayering.
- A game which has a community with which to multiplay.
- Preferably feature tin-tops in some capacity.

Does such a game exist? Can it be true? I've been told that Race 07 might well meet a lot of those requirements, but as ever, I seek the advice of the more experienced.

That's you, hopefully.

Any advice, much appreciated. Ta!