View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 2017, 21:12 (Ref:3768420)   #316
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
DTM is nothing like V8 Supercars... the entire premise is flawed. DTM only has works car from three, later two, manufacturers, with very rigid team order structures to ensure the "chosen" driver collects maximum points.

While I only skimmed the article did they mention that DTM is incredibly boring? It's what happens when you let manufacturers run their own series.

BTCC would be a better comparison, as like Supercars it's full of independents out for themselves.

Very good points

The manufacturers call the shots there, no room for privateers to fight the factory teams. Merchandise is surprisingly hard to come by also. The cars are pretty cool but they're too aero dependant unlike a Supercar which makes for some processional racing. Don't get me started on them incorporating DRS...

When DTM first returned around 2000 the cars had much less aero which lead to some fantastic racing which can be found on YouTube. Maybe DTM has to go that way.