View Single Post
Old 15 May 2009, 18:45 (Ref:2463068)   #23
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
Disagree, look at the Audi R15. Aston was one of the outfits who were behind the push with the ACO to impart road car styling for future LMP regulations and I think their Lola exercise was more about styling than aerodynamics. I'll go as far to say that they didn't find any substantial aero gains, that their singular task was styling that didn't hurt the Lola's aero.
Well by the same token I think that Audi were guilty of that a bit with the aero of their R10. It seems to me that they were more interested in making it look like the spawn of an R8 rather than being revolutionary in any way. They knew they were going to have a massive engine advantage for the next few years and so did not need to alter their styling radically.

As for the R15, I'm sure their "Basking Shark" front end will go a little more conservative for Le Mans to be a bit less of a parachute down the Mulsanne.