Thread: LM24 Le Mans - the FAQ's
View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2013, 06:22 (Ref:3200507)   #31
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
They close course around 2 pm if it's the same as in the past. But be aware that many areas will begin to close at noon, eg. the Mulsanne roundabout.

They do open the roads and close the chicanes after the practice is over. This allows normal traffic to use Les Hunaudières all day Friday. However, in many places, opening the road involves Manitous and guys wielding sledgehammers (to get the Armco posts out of the permanent holes where they are wedged) so it may not be a quick process. I know that dismantling the second chicane takes more than an hour. I don't know if you would be able to get past the heavy equipment while they are working -- by that point I am snuggled up in my sleeping bag with visions of Corvettes and Audis dancing in my head.
keke
denizen of poste 61
Cheers for that. I was just wondering how feasible it would be to walk to Arnage and back from the village for Thursday quali along the track instead of having to loop around to the railway station and back.