View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 2011, 16:54 (Ref:2832207)   #11
MacGWC
Racer

United Kingdom
Hanslope, Bucks
MacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Folks, pleeeeease - keep this thread to the original question, can you?

If you want to rant about treatment by some organisations, start a new thread about it. This one is in respect of a positive suggestion which will hopefully become a positive offer.

If it's made you feel negative then I apologise.
Greem,

Sorry, you are right to complain; this is a generous offer - from one of the smaller players in our sport - and should be treated as such.

I did not consider my piece to negative but there had been several other comments on how easy it is to get consideration and respect from amateur and gentlemen participants but the "professionals" seem not to know we exist. Hence the different level of kind offers like the one you have come across.

For instance, we are trying to have the fiver-a-day for GP marshals re-visited. It has been in being for some fifteen years, while other costs connected with marshalling a GP (petrol for instance) have increased three-fold. Other European countries have recognised this and increased their contribution to expenses accordingly. Why not here? It is the same F1 circus we serve, in one of the most expensive countries in Europe.

Sorry again for invading your space but this difference in appreciation of marshals is still one of the greatest obstacles we face when trying to get some improvement on marshalling issues. The Marshals' Club has fought so hard, on a very small budget, to improve the number of marshals available to the sport, it would be a real shame if this fell away again if we do not at least keep pace with what is happening elsewhere.

Last edited by MacGWC; 16 Feb 2011 at 17:00.