View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 2017, 08:32 (Ref:3720576)   #15
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Are they asking for the first round of the year or what? I don't know what venue would like to switch to April instead of their allotted spot but I didn't get why they were a summer race in 2012 then switched to April.
I recall the race's predecessor at Brands Hatch in July in blazing hot weather in the Nineties. It also had a traditional date for many years in early/mid September and IIRC, mid-May was also a regular date at one time.

In those days, Spain (Jerez, near Gibraltar) used to be the early season race. It would be interesting to know if Silverstone requested the early date in order to generate some early-season revenue and to avoid a clash with F1....?

Common sense says don't put on a northern hemisphere race at such a northerly latitude so early in the season. The forecast for Mexico today is 27 degrees. Why not Mexico in April, Silverstone the first week in September?