View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2017, 15:35 (Ref:3751208)   #8
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
so yeah started out as a bad story for STR but it in the end it doesnt seem like they did anything intentionally wrong,...the team and their tether manu both confirmed that it was within parameters, knots and all, and just a bit of a used part but in the end STR made a voluntary choice to change it.

storm in a teacup?
It's minor drama, but fully and easily avoidable by Toro Rosso.

I tend to believe that the entire outcome was a small bit of face saving effort on everyone's part. But in the end, the stewards decision said they can't use the existing tether and that it must be changed... and it was. I think the only thing in Toro Rosso's favor is that they provided evidence that the knots were OK.

The real question is why did Toro Rosso think they could just ignore the directions from the scrutineers or that it would play out in their favor? I expect the correct course of action would have been...

1. Change the tether after the issue was brought up during scrutineering.
2. Then provide evidence to clarify what can/can't be used next time to avoid dispute.

Richard