Thread: IMSA IMSA : 2019
View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 2017, 20:11 (Ref:3786175)   #89
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Racer is a US magazine and obviously their reporting will be US-centric. Of course, to go along with my post above, a lot of the stuff I mentioned was when IMSA and the ACO had a clear path and goals and a map to get there, as opposed to the current ACO administration who lived in the moment when VAG and Toyota were throwing money at LMP1, and using nationalistic nepotism on LMP2 later on.

That view might not be popular with those who support ACO racing, and I'm a fan of the WEC as much as anyone is, but when someone drops the ball, you have to be willing to call a spade a spade, a king a king, a joker a joker, etc.

Not saying that IMSA's perfect however, as I'm not a fan of micromanaged BOP among other things (though the ACO have been known to pull that joker out of the deck to a lesser extent, too, especially in the GT classes). There's still places that both have failed and both have succeeded.