View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2002, 13:23 (Ref:195965)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ferrrari to sign new Driver ?

This just in from Autosport.com

Manchester United and England football star David Beckham could test a Ferrari Formula 1 car, according to reports in the British tabloid press.

World Footballer of the Year runner-up Beckham, whose last-gasp equaliser against Greece sent England through to the World Cup finals, and reigning F1 World Champion Michael Schumacher could take part in a sensational job swap, thanks to common sponsors Vodafone.

According to the stories, Beckham will test a Ferrari F1 car at Fiorano, while Schumacher will train with the Manchester United squad in a specially arranged session.

The Daily Mirror newspaper quoted a Vodafone spokesman as saying: "David and Michael are two of the world's best known sports stars, and it would be fantastic to give them a taste of each others careers. We are always looking to maximise marketing opportunities in an interesting way."

Beckham joined Manchester United colleagues at Jerez in Spain last January to watch an F1 test session, and spent time with the Ferrari squad. He has also recently taken delivery of a new 360 Modena convertible.

Vodafone spends about 130 million pounds on its sponsorship deals with Ferrari and Manchester United.

Does this mean I can have ago aswell, I think not, but I can dream.....