View Single Post
Old 11 May 2009, 09:30 (Ref:2459908)   #53
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I would just like to thank everybody who supported the meeting either as a driver, marshal or official. It was a great demonstration of faith to stick with it up to the eleventh hour and I'd like to thank all those who sent kind messages of support and encouragement.
Finally - can we please stop all the snide remarks about 'hired hands' etc. Masters Racing Club, which runs the Masters Series race meetings is no different from any other organising club in the way that officials and marshals are treated (although I hope the marshals feel that we're one of the better clubs in showing our appreciation).
None of the senior officials is paid (including myself) and the expenses we draw are the same or less than any other club that I know of (and I've worked with a few!). Perhaps it's beyond some peoples comprehension that we do what we do for the love and enjoyment of the sport and the only difference with Masters is that we do our jobs with people, the vast majority of whom, understand and enjoy the culture that we're trying to promote and appreciate our efforts to run good meetings. Rant over!