Thread: WEC Race 2021 The Bahrain races
View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2021, 21:46 (Ref:4081855)   #31
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i'd rather it was decided away from the track than the stewards refuse to look at or amend a result that has question marks over it.

personally i don't think pier guidi was in a position to send it down the inside at all - that would have ended in tears. christensen was all over the road - he only noticed the p2 at the last minute and had to brake early to let him past rather than have him pass into the corner. but pier guidi was slow to react (perhaps because he wouldn't make a pass there). you don't want to lock a front left at that stage in the race, the inside shoulder would delaminate pretty quickly and your spare front won't be in great nick.

racing incident imo, but a fairly unsavoury one.
Watching the video I have to agree. Sucky for both but think both were both not being smart about traffic and track position and a poor decision resulted in spun car.

If we're strictly no contact rules Pier Guidi is screwed but he had no where to go. ZERO chance he's crossing the track there to the inside line so making that argument is assuming physics don't count.

Christensen however didn't cover himself in glory by not noticing the LMP2 earlier, yes it's the job of the passer to make the move but you need to be aware. He seemed to be distracted and a bit late in the corner, caught Pier Guidi out thinking he would go deeper.

No chance it was intentional spin to win NASCAR style but could, and should, he have done better? Most likely but time penalty wouldn't change much.