Thread: Irish RX Forum
View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2010, 17:06 (Ref:2654327)   #45
irxcrossi
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
irxcrossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to agree with most of the points by shhh and cryos. I competed in Stock Hatch for a few years at the peak of things and loved every minute of it ( well apart from a few issues) but anyway I went to spectate at the last round and I have to admit i was pretty bored by what i saw, I'm in no way knocking Rallycross because given the opportunity i would go back to SH in an instant but if people think its a good watch then they are fooling themselves, this is just my opinion but Rallycross should accept what it is and run with it. People love competing in it and so long as you attract enough people to do that then enjoy it but given the majority of the cars on display are not exciting to watch and the time of the year its on then RX will never attract big crowds. I was massively disappointed by what the supercar class has become, it really is a 4wd modified class now and some of the 2wd cars like M Coynes nova for example are better to watch. I don't know if we'll ever get back to what the supercars were like with JMC & DC & GT etc but if not then you definitly can't expect people to fill the grandstand. Again I don't mean to offend anyone because I fully appreciate the effort people are still putting in to be on the grid.

One thing i would wonder with this thread is "do things actually need to change"
When I raced I didn't care if there where 10 or 100 people watching. Now obviously if Mondello say they need X amount of spectators then it does need to change but if because of the time of year its on and theres no competition for the dates and there happy just getting entries when the rest of the motorsport world is quiet then does it matter that spectators are thin on the ground. The Competitors still enjoy their day.

Just my opinion mind.